Bulgarian PM Held Telephone Conversations with the Prime Minister of Greece and the President of Cyprus
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov informed Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras and Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades in telephone conversations on the issues raised during the EU-Turkey Leadership Meeting in Varna on March 26th.
At the European Council meeting in Brussels on March 22 and 23, the Bulgarian Prime Minister undertook to promote open topics between Greece and Cyprus on the one hand and Turkey on the other hand to discuss with President Erdogan.
Borissov pointed out that he had raised questions about the arrested Greek soldiers, the tensions in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Aegean Sea, and the Cyprus issue in the framework of his bilateral meeting with the Turkish president, and then they were also discussed during the working dinner with the Presidents of the European Council and the European Commission Donald Tusk and Jean-Claude Juncker.
He also said that EU leaders insisted on a positive outcome until Easter on the case of the two Greek soldiers detained on Turkish territory. With regard to Cyprus, the Turkish President has informed them that a solution will be sought under international law. In his telephone conversations today, Boyko Borissov pointed out that the development of the topic will continue to be followed with attention from Bulgaria and from Brussels. According to the Bulgarian Prime Minister, restoring confidence and peace in the region is now of critical importance.
Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras and President Nicos Anastasiades expressed their gratitude to Boyko Borissov for the fact that these issues were discussed at the meeting in Varna.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus