Ministry of the Interior Arrested a 35-Year-Old man in Connection with ATM Thefts
Police officers of the National Police and Sofia Directorate of the Ministry of the Interior arrested a 35-year-old man in connection with ATM thefts, said the Ministry of the Interior press office.
The police started an operation in Sofia on 25 March after receiving reports from the Economic Policy Department about numerous cases of ATM thefts. Customers tried to use ATMs to withdraw some money but did not receive the cash. Later, however, the amounts appeared as withdrawn on their bank accounts.
In the course of the investigation the police discovered that the ATM’s had been manipulated to withhold cash, later collected by the suspect.
Pretrial proceedings have been initiated and the investigation into the criminal activity of the detainee continues under the supervision of the prosecutor’s office.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo