Tundja River Flooded Part of the Park in Elhovo
Part of the park in Elhovo is flooded by the river Tundzha, said Mayor Petar Kirov. The municipality and the police restricted the access of people and cars to the area. There is no danger to the city's population.
The spill has flooded agricultural and forest lands near Trankovo, Kirilovo, Izgrev and Elhovo. There are no disasters or injured farmers or domestic animals.
On the third day the level of the Tundzha River in the Municipality of Elhovo is 377 centimeters high, with a critical of 395 centimeters. The reason for the spills is the heavy snow and rains in the mountainous parts of Sliven, Aitos and Sungurlare. Water is collected in the water catchment area of the Mochuritsa and Tundja rivers. Tundja itself in Sliven and near Yambol drastically lowers its level, Jrebchevo Dam has enough free volume and is far from overflowing, added Kirov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for significant Thunderstorms and Hail Conditions in 5 areas
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Fog, Sun, Rain and Thunder today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warmer with possibility of Rain Showers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Afternoon Rain Showers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain and Thunder, Hail is also Possible