Sarkozy Blasts Lack of 'Physical Evidence' in Corruption Case
Former French president Nicolas Sarkozy, who has been charged with corruption for allegedly accepting funding from late Libyan dictator Moamer Kadhafi towards his 2007 election campaign, has denounced the lack of "physical evidence" against him, in his court statement published by French media on Thursday, AFP reported.
"I stand accused without any physical evidence because of declarations made by Mr Kadhafi, his son, his nephew, his cousin, his spokesman, his former prime minister," Sarkozy told judges in remarks published by the Figaro website, a day after he was charged.
"I've been living the hell of this slander since March 11, 2011" when Khadafi first made the allegations, he added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Soldiers are coming to Bulgaria to Defend NATO's Eastern Flank
- » Bulgarian Economy Minister: I will Approve All Arms Deals that are OK. I cannot Restrict Exports to any Country
- » Former Economy Minister: Bulgaria must hold Immediate Negotiations with "Gazprom"
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker PM urged the Police: Stop the War on the Roads!
- » Fifty People Protested in front of the Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje
- » The Ministry of Transport will Manage "Bulgarian Posts"