Electronic Ticket in Sofia - in 2019
At best, the electronic ticket in Sofia's public transport will be available in 2019. This was made clear when the bids for the mythical ticker billing system in public transport were opened.
The order was announced by the Urban Mobility Center in May 2017, but appeals to the tender documentation returned the procedure at its inception. If the order is appealed again, there will probably be a further delay.
Ten companies have submitted bids. Two of them are foreign - one from Poland and the other from Spain, and eight Bulgarian candidates also have foreign partnerships. Within 3 months, the commission will check whether candidates have submitted all the required documents for participation and only then will a contractor be selected. Besides a lower price, its members will also watch and offer a shorter period of 24 months to build the system.
Still from the Urban Mobility Center, they can not tell how the electronic ticket will be counted - for time or distance. It is only clear that the ticket will be valid for all types of transport. For the order the Sofia Municipality will pay BGN 105 600 000.
The period of execution of the contract is 10 years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend