Labor Costs Increase by 12% by the End of 2017
Preliminary data of the National Statistical Institute, NSI for the fourth quarter of 2017 indicate that the total hourly labour cost rose by 12.2% compared to the fourth quarter of 2016.
The total hourly labour cost grew by 11.7% in industry, by 11.8% in services and by 11.9% in construction. The breakdown by economic activities showed that the highest annual growths in total labour costs were recorded in ‘Education’ - 20.2%, ‘Other service activities’ - 19.1% and ‘Administrative and support service activities’ - 15.0%.
The lowest increase in total labour costs was observed in ‘Arts, entertainment and recreation’ by 1.1%, ‘Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply’ by 3.7% and ‘Financial and insurance activities’ - 6.9%. In the structure of the total labour costs, the wages and salaries costs per hour worked grew by 12.0% in comparison with a year earlier, while the other (non-wage) costs rose by 13.2%.
Among the economic activities in the fourth quarter of 2017 compared to the fourth quarter of 2016 the growth rate of wages and salaries component ranged from 1.0% in ‘Arts, entertainment and recreation’ to 20.1% in ‘Education’.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bank's ex-CEO Kristalina Georgieva Accused on Exerting Pressure on Bank's staff to Boost China's Ranking in "Doing Business 2018" Report
- » EU Finance Ministers Meet in Slovenia Friday Saturday to Amend Budget Spending Rules for Member States
- » Bulgaria: Minimum Pension Becomes BGN 370
- » Bulgaria: MPs at Odds with Finance Minister over Adopted Budget Update
- » Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Hesitate Investing in Bitcoin
- » International Blue-Chip Stock: The New Market Segment in Bulgaria