A New Road will Connect Smolyan and Madan, Asphalting Starts on March 21st
''If we have to secure and strengthen all problem areas and risk areas in the Rhodopes, we will need 1 billion BGN - money that the state does not have.'' This was stated by the Chairman of the Board of Road Infrastructure Agency Eng. Doncho Atanasov, commenting on the theme of the huge landslide on the road Smolyan - Madan.
At a special press conference of API, Atanasov and his team gave more clarity about what happened during the landslide. It became clear that the road to which the landslide had occurred would have to be closed for between 4 and 6 months. The new road, which will have to replace the old one, will start work tomorrow (March 21st).
''For months, the consolidation of the landslide will continue, because the situation is really serious'', API said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend