For the next school year, half of the schools will have lockers
Education Minister Krasimir Valchev expects half of the students from the first to the seventh grade to have lockers in the schools by autumn. This was made clear by his commentary on the sidelines of parliament. MES allocates BGN 2.9 million for the provision of school lockers in which students hold textbooks and other things for the purpose of lightening the backpacks.
"Students from grades 1 to 7 are approximately 450,000, and we estimate that between 150,000 and 200,000 lockers will be purchased with the funds for this year. Currently, some schools have some lockers, so we do not go from zero, "the minister said.
"We are hoping for the autumn to have lockers for half the students from the 1st to the 7th grade," he said, explaining that they would first be those who claimed the lowest value of a locker, and schools would be able to buy lockers and higher if they are financing.
"It is not true what has been said that small schools will not have access to, and the big ones will have. So smaller schools will have to buy less lockers. And some small schools have more financial opportunities than some big ones. But we still need a criterion to choose who to get them this year and who to stay for the next and the following, "he added.
"In the worst case scenario, this program should be implemented in three years, so that everyone can afford to buy lockers for all pupils from the first to the 7th grade," said Minister Krassimir Valchev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The First Ukrainian Educational Center Opened in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Family Returned from the UK Cannot Enroll their Children in a Bulgarian School
- » Bulgaria: Increased Police Presence around Schools for the Start of the School Year Today
- » From Tomorrow the School Year in Bulgaria Begins In Person with over 57,000 First Graders
- » Germany: The Number One Study Destination for Bulgarian Students
- » Macedonians might be able to Study and Go to University Free of Charge in Bulgaria