Democrats in Congress Want to Continue the Investigation into Russia
Democrats in the US House of Representatives' Intelligence Committee said they would continue investigating suspicions of Russian intervention in the US elections in 2016, despite the conclusion of their Republican counterparts that they had found no evidence of a conspiracy between Trump and Moscow, Reuters reported.
"We will make every effort to continue our work, there are individuals who want to cooperate with our committee and share information, and we will continue to do so," Adam Schiff, the highest-ranking Democrat in the committee, told journalists.
On Monday, the Republican members of the committee presented a draft report on the investigation, which states that the congressmen have found no evidence of coordination of the actions or conspiracy between Trump and Moscow during the campaign.
Republican Michael Conway who is in charge of investigations noted, however, that lawmakers have concluded that Russia was taking active measures to intervene in the election of 2016, but not by supporting Trump.
Adam Schiff said he "confidently" could say there was significant evidence of a conspiracy between Trump's campaign and Russia.
The Democrats in the committee also presented their interim report, stating what issues they still want to get answers to, and which witnesses the committee should talk about.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's PМ Boyko Borissov Meets with Italian Foreign Minister Luigi Di Mayo
- » Bulgaria: Mayor of Rousse Municipality Pencho Milkov Tests Positive for COVID-19
- » 14-Day Quarantine For Arriving in Bulgaria from UK, Sweden, Portugal
- » Juncker Plan: EIAH to Provide Support for New Specialised Children's Hospital in Bulgaria
- » LIVE: Health Minister Ananiev: The Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria is Extended
- » Croatia's Ruling Party Wins Parliamentary Elections