The Monument of John Atanasoff in Sofia Could be Moved
The monument of John Atanassov, currently in front of the Sofia Chamber of Commerce, can be moved. The proposal comes from the company, owner of the property "Ng Property", which is managed by the businessman Vasil Bozhkov.
The expert-artistic council of Sofia Municipality, which owns the monument, has approved the transfer to the yard of the Technical University - Sofia, which is located in Darvenitsa district. Nevertheless, the consent of the author Valko Tsenov is necessary. Before bTV, however, he announced he was opposed to the idea because he made the bronze monument specially for this building. The location is chosen because it is related to technology and communications.
The monument was opened in 2003 in memory of the inventor of Bulgarian origin John Atanasov. The new owners of the Telephone Palace want to turn the building into a cultural center with a museum, and for that purpose they will rebuild and upgrade with one floor. The idea is to have over 3000 antique objects from Bozhkov's personal collection.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Low Danube LevelHinders Navigation at Bulgarian Section of River
- » Bulgarian Police Intercept Illegal Gold Sluicing along the Struma River
- » Prosecutor's Office Headed by Ivan Geshev Blocks Trials against Former Government, Borissov
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for First Frosts in Many Regions
- » Vaccination Certificate May Soon Become a Pass for Restaurant in Bulgaria
- » Border Police Search Team Looking for Man Missing at Sea