Over 15% Growth of Foreign Tourists in December and January
''We have more than 15% growth in foreign tourists during the two months - December 2017 and January 2018.'' Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova told a round table discussion on the project "Share Bulgaria" in Bansko, Expert.bg reported.
"The results of the first two months of the winter season are extremely good. Over 845,000 foreign tourists visited Bulgaria. In January alone, the growth was 19% and over 437 000 tourists visited Bulgaria. This gives us reason to have an exceptionally good winter season - about 15% growth for the whole season, "Angelkova said.
In her words, the successes are very obvious for the Municipality of Bansko - over 116 000 foreign tourists and over 377 000 overnight stays, which is an increase of 18%.
On the occasion of wine tourism, Angelkova announced that it is planned that the final wine-growing destinations will be announced in autumn.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 3.8 million Bulgarians are expected to Travel Abroad in the Period May-September
- » Bulgaria Air with Additional Flights to Amsterdam and Madrid
- » 73% of Europeans Plan to Travel in the next 6 months
- » Bulgarians are Shortening their Holidays at the Seaside because of Expensive Fuels
- » Until next summer, Terminal 1 Flights will be Closed at Sofia Airport
- » British Tourists have Returned to Sunny Beach, the South Seaside will Rely on Bulgarians