An Internet Platform will Help People with Oncological Diseases
The first oncological internet platform in Bulgaria - CancerCare.bg was officially launched on March 12, 2018. The site provides consumers with comprehensive information prepared by doctors, people with cancer and their relatives. It acquaints patients with the nature of cancer and examines the patient's pathway from the onset of the symptoms of the disease through treatment and life after the disease.
The website contains publications and videos related to the psychosocial aspects and the ways in which a close person with an oncological illness can be helped. Another focus of the site is the topic of prevention of cancer. With the means of online channels, the team of Cancercare.bg strives to support the development of eHealth in Bulgaria and to reach with the right information to the patients by being able to protect them from false and misleading articles on the Internet that harm not only the physical but also the mental health of people.
The initiative for creating the internet platform is the "Overcome Cancer" Foundation, its founders - Dr. Polina Lujanska and Dr. Iglika Ignatova. The project is included in the Forbes Bulgaria ranking 30 under 30 in 2017.
The goals of the foundation are to reduce cancer mortality in Bulgaria by changing public attitudes to the importance of prophylaxis and healthy lifestyles. Demand for timely and professional medical care is the fundamental message to visitors to the site.
The Foundation's team said they hoped to enrich the Bulgarians' health culture and show that regular prophylactic examination is the best way to avoid complications of the disease. Many of the early-established cancers can be successfully treated.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WHO: The Omicron Variant could Worsen the Situation in Europe
- » Prof. Iva Hristova: Not a single Case of Omicron has been Registered in Bulgaria yet
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Slight Increase in New Cases in the Last 24h
- » BioNTech CEO: I think we will Need an Adapted Vaccine against COVID-19 because of Omicron
- » Bulgarian Dr. Argirova: Mutations occur in People who do not have Antibodies to COVID-19
- » Can Bulgaria impose Mandatory Vaccination for COVID-19