Merkel doesn't Want to Speculate on Next ECB President
Chancellor Angela Merkel declined to say on Monday whether she favoured a German becoming the next president of the European Central Bank after incumbent Mario Draghi’s term ends in 2019, Reuters.
“At the appropriate time, we will talk about the candidates for these personnel questions. Of course, for all the positions to be filled in the next year ... we will have good candidates, but I don’t want to speculate today,” Merkel said.
“Whether there is a German, or a non-German, at the helm of a European institution, the reputation of this institution must as good as possible,” she told a news conference in Berlin.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » The Czech EU Presidency: Rethink, Rebuild, Repower
- » EU Roaming Rules Extended until 2032
- » Macron: Thank you Bulgaria, Congratulations North Macedonia
- » "This is your European Duty": Macron urges Bulgaria to Support the Veto Compromise on North Macedonia
- » Greece is Proposing 2033 as the Deadline for the Western Balkans to Join the EU