The EU Budget will be Discussed in Sofia
European Commissioner for Budget and Human Resources Günther Oettinger will take part today in the high-level conference in Sofia, whose main topic is the EU budget. The meeting will discuss the different options for the long-term Community budget after 2020.
Britain's exit from the European Union will deprive the European budget of 12 to 15 billion euros. One option for replenishment is for Member States to import more than one percent of their gross domestic product. It is about increasing the contribution to 1.1 percent or more. This option does not yet meet the approval of countries that are net recipients of EU funds. Bulgaria is also a net recipient of funds, but Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has recently expressed the view that it is better to accept the increase in contributions.
Part of the European Union's priority policies for the next seven years, such as defense and security, also require more resources. That is why the withdrawal from some of the funds - especially subsidies for agriculture - is being discussed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov