The First of the New Trains for the Sofia Metro is Ready (Photos)
The first of the new trains for the third line of the Sofia metro is ready and is in the process of technical testing. Four of the 20 machines are still in production and will begin arriving in Sofia this summer, said the mayor of the capital, Yordanka Fandakova.
The new trains are with reduced power consumption, less noise, and with the option to move without a driver. The whole train is passable, unlike the Russian carriages currently in use.
The new trains are manufactured by a consortium that includes Siemens and Nevag, Poland. They were selected as contractors in 2015, and the total value of the order was 418.3 million leva. There is an option to order 10 additional units.
The first part of the third subway line, which will connect Krasno Selo and Vladimir Vazov Blvd., should be ready in 2019.
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)