Russia has an Interest in Diamonds and Platinum in Zimbabwe
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov voiced Moscow's interest in a joint project with Zimbabwe in the development of platinum deposits in the African country. This was what Lavrov said after a conversation in Zimbabwe with the new President, Emerson Managhva. The Russian minister told reporters that the talks had been debated on the tasks whose implementation should be followed to develop trade and the economy between the two countries.
Lavrov explicitly underlined the Kremlin's satisfaction with the realization of the joint development of Darunland's Platinum. In addition, Russian diplomat # 1 added: "We also had a good conversation about the good prospects for cooperation in the diamond industry." Last but not least, the representatives of Moscow and Harare have discussed the chances of military and technical cooperation.
Although the meeting between Lavrov and Managhva continued for less than an hour, they managed to negotiate a number of agreements on agriculture, industry and trade. In 2014, Russia and Zimbabwe signed a $ 3 billion dollar deal for platinum mining.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 647 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Israel-Hamas Conflict Threatens to Overshadow the War
- » Schengen Decision for Bulgaria: Awaited Call Delayed Again
- » After the 7-Day Ceasefire: Second Day of Fighting in Gaza
- » Bulgarian and Romanian MEPs Protest Against Schengen Veto in Vienna
- » Day 646 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky Calls For Rapid Construction of Fortifications in Key Areas
- » Serbia Bolsters Border Security, Plans Increased Police Presence along Bulgaria Border