22nd Sofia International Film Festival 7-18-29 March 2018
SOFIA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL is the leading film festival in Bulgaria. It began in 1997 and attracts more than 70 000 spectators annually. The festival aims to promote important and innovative works of modern world cinema to local audiences and regional Bulgarian and Balkan cinema to international audiences, as well as to encourage cooperation between local and international filmmakers. Since 2003 the festival has International Competition for first and second films and is included in the FIPRESCI calendar. Since 2009 there is International documentary competition. In 2007 Variety placed Sofia IFF among the Top 50 world unmissable film events. In 2010 Sofia IFF was accredited by FIAPF as a competitive specialised feature film festival and became the only Bulgarian film festival recognised by FIAPF nowadays. MORE THAN 1800 internationally acclaimed filmmakers, young talents and producers have attended the festival over the last twenty years
- » Bulgarian Artist Christo's 'London Mastaba' Made from over 7,000 Stacked Barrels Floats on Serpentine Lake
- » The Bulgarian "Cultural Reforms" Movement Begins a Series of Cultural Policy Forums
- » SKILLET in Sofia with First Solo Concert in Bulgaria!
- » The 11th Bulgarian Cinema Festival in Rome is Coming soon
- » The ANASTACIA Concert in Sofia is Canceled
- » IMANY with Two Big Concerts in Sofia and Plovdiv in June