Nationalists Burn Greek Flags Outside FYROM Parliament
A crowd of 5,000 took part in a protest in the centre of Skopje on Tuesday night, demanding that the immediate suspension of talks with Greece over the name dispute in New York under the UN auspices.
The protest, organised by extreme nationalist groups of the FYROM diaspora, started from the EU offices in Skopje and ended in front of the country’s parliament, Protothema reports.
Several of the protesters had flags with the sun of Vergina, a symbol of the ancient Macedonian Dynasty, while some of them also lit Greeks flags on fire. Among those in the protest were top clergy of the schismatic orthodox church of FYROM, who addressed the crowd.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis