Brussels Introduces Free Public Transport and a Ban on Movement in Case of Air Pollution
Brussels City Council decided that in days of excessive air pollution urban transport and bicycle rentals will be free, local media reported, quoted by BTA.
When for two consecutive days levels of dirty air are exceeded, wood burning will be banned if they are not the only option for household heating. In the absence of a rapid improvement of the indicators, the traffic in the capital will be banned. Only buses (from the vehicles with internal combustion engines) as well as special mode vehicles (police, fire, emergency) and electric vehicles will have the right to move. Brussels also introduces a mobile application from which everyone can constantly monitor air quality. The app will contain a map showing the locations most affected by the distribution of fine particles.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow all over the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 6°C and 11°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and cold with max. temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for strong wind is in force for 27 districts in the country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max. Temperatures between 3°C and 8°C