German Scientists are Accused of Cruelty to Monkeys
German Justice Department has announced that three scientists from the prestigious Max Planck Institute are being prosecuted for cruelty as part of experiments on animal brains, AFP reported.
The three from Tubingen Laboratory of Biological Cybernetics are accused of ending their experiments too late, and that the animals have suffered for a long time. The three scientists risk being fined, the judicial authorities said.
According to German justice, cruelty to animals can be punished by up to three years in prison depending on the seriousness of the crime. In this case, experiments with monkeys were approved by the authorities but provided they were discontinued if there were any suffering. Contrary to established rules, scientists have ended the animals lives too late and thus affected their well-being for a long time.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US General: Sweden and Finland do Not Need more US Forces
- » Israel will Not Give Missiles to Ukraine despite US Pressure
- » Day 93 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 1,500 Killed in Sievierodonetsk
- » China and Russia have Vetoed new UN Sanctions against North Korea
- » Boris Johnson with a Secret Plan for a New Alliance as a Balance Against the EU
- » Ukraine received a Dozen Soviet Su-25s in Spare Parts – Did Bulgaria send them?