Trump Nominated General Paul Nakasone as Director of the National Security Agency
US President Donald Trump nominated General Paul Nakasone for a new director of the National Security Agency (NSA), one of the most classified intelligence agencies. Rob Joyce, a special assistant to the White House and coordinator for cyber security, said on Twitter, quoted by news agencies.
Awaiting to be approved by the Senate will also lead the US Army Cyber Corps. Joyce described him as "an outstanding leader" with great experience in ensuring cyber security. Since October 2016, 54-year-old General Nakasone has been Chief of Command of US Ground Forces. He started his service as a scout, he was involved in operations in Afghanistan and Iran. NASA's current director and army cyber-chief Admiral Mike Rogers said in January that he plans to resign.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tragedy in India: At least 50 Dead and hundreds Injured after Train Crash
- » 700 NATO troops have arrived in Northern Kosovo
- » Day 464 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia faces a Dilemma whether to Protect its Border or the Occupied Territories
- » The Richest Man in the World: Elon Musk regained the Top Spot in the ranking
- » The US Senate has approved Raising the National Debt Ceiling
- » The Bulgarian Socialists did not support the EP's decision on Аmmunition for Ukraine