Trump Nominated General Paul Nakasone as Director of the National Security Agency
US President Donald Trump nominated General Paul Nakasone for a new director of the National Security Agency (NSA), one of the most classified intelligence agencies. Rob Joyce, a special assistant to the White House and coordinator for cyber security, said on Twitter, quoted by news agencies.
Awaiting to be approved by the Senate will also lead the US Army Cyber Corps. Joyce described him as "an outstanding leader" with great experience in ensuring cyber security. Since October 2016, 54-year-old General Nakasone has been Chief of Command of US Ground Forces. He started his service as a scout, he was involved in operations in Afghanistan and Iran. NASA's current director and army cyber-chief Admiral Mike Rogers said in January that he plans to resign.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up
- » Food Prices in the US with a Record Jump
- » North Korea has declared Victory over COVID-19 and blamed Seoul for the Outbreak
- » Day 168 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions hit Russian Military Airbase in Annexed Crimea