South Korea Provides USD 2.64 Million for North Korean Guests at the Olympics
South Korea approved a record $ 2.64 million to cover the cost of the hundreds of North Koreans who came to the country specifically for the Olympics, according to Reuters.
The money will be for hotels and food to North Korean cheerleaders, the North Korean orchestra which performed two concerts in South Korea, North Korean athletes in taekwondo who will participate in demonstrations, North Korean journalists and other staff supporting North Korean athletes at the Games . This makes a total of 424 people. The International Olympic Committee will take over the cost of the 22 Northern Korean athletes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 585 of the Invasion of Ukraine: 19 Countries, including Bulgaria, in the Ukrainian Alliance of Defense Industries
- » Turkey: Suicide Bombing in Ankara
- » Former Prime Minister Fico Wins the Elections in Slovakia
- » The US Government avoided the Threat of a Shutdown
- » The European Commission is Skeptical about the Schengen Compensation requested by Romania
- » Day 584 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin greeted the residents of the Occupied Regions