Maria Gabriel: There is no Reason For not Accepting Bulgaria in Schengen
''There is no reason for not accepting Bulgaria in Schengen, but we know that the decision is taken unanimously.'' This was said by EU Commissioner Gabriel Gabriel.
A few days ago, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte stressed that his country supports us for entering Schengen Area, but there is still an incomplete work in Bulgaria.
Gabriel pointed out that Prime Minister Boyko Borissov nevertheless put the topic on the agenda when it is important. There is no reason for not accepting Bulgaria, the European Commission and the European Parliament have been repeating the same thing for three years, things in the Council are different'', she added.
In her words, the EU's strategy for the Western Balkans does not set a specific date for their adoption, but the "horizon 2025" and, more importantly, there is a clear political signal that the door to the European perspective remains open-something that earlier was unthinkable.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Prosecutor Brushed off Seven out of Ten Bulgarian Delegated Candidates
- » DW: Boyko Borissov Claims He Copes with Pandemic Best of All - Is it True?
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister to Take Part in Video Conference of European Council
- » EC: Bulgaria Breaches EU Regulations on Racism and Xenophobia
- » Minister of Economy: Bulgaria Boasts Excellent Macroeconomic Indicators despite Pandemic
- » Bulgaria’s Premier: We Will Overcome Pandemic First in EU