Bulgaria Tops Europe's Chart of Private Home Ownership
Almost 97 percent of Bulgarian homes are private-owned. The owners inhabit 94 percent of them while 5 percent are rented out. The runner-ups among EU aspirants are Romania and Lithuania with 92 percent of private ownership based 1996 data.
In terms of utilities, the survey found a wide gap between Bulgarian homes in urban and rural areas. Although on average 58 percent of the residential units have electricity, running water and sewerage infrastructure, only 14 percent of rural homes offer such utilities, whereas in urban area the percentage is as high as 85 percent.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Minister: It makes no sense to Close our Coal Plants right now
- » Standard & Poor's confirmed Bulgaria's credit rating
- » Three New Direct Flights from Bulgaria to the Seychelles will be Launched in 2023
- » Bulgaria exchanges Tourists with Greece for the Holidays
- » The Fuel Discount in Bulgaria: When will it be over?
- » European Commission: Bulgaria cannot sell Russian Oil even if it is Refined