Uranium Above the Norm Was Found in the Area of Haskovo
"Natural uranium" above the norm was found in drinking water in the village of Malki Voden, municipality of Madzharovo, according to bTV.
The inspection has issued a prescription for limiting its use for drinking and cooking.
The deviation is 0.002 milligrams per liter. Water can be used for bathing and washing, specifies the inspection.
The water pipe manager of Haskovo was given a prescription to provide drinking water to the population living in the village.
Novinite.com recalls that during the spring last year the region passed into water regime because of the high levels of uranium. With the onset of summer and accompanying drought, the indicators returned to normal, and local authorities also announced plans for new wells that are less polluting.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Because of the Climate, the US Senate approved the "Biggest Investment in History"
- » Europe and the US in Sweltering Heat, 50 Degrees in Iraq
- » Over 1,000 killed in Spain's Heatwave
- » Bulgaria: The Weather will get Hotter in the coming days
- » Bulgaria: Extreme Danger of Fires Today
- » Temperatures are Dropping, Dangerous Weather in half of Bulgaria