Petition Against the Istanbul Convetion in ''Sveta Nedelya'' Church in Sofia
In the metropolitan church of ''Sveta Nedelya'', a petition is collected against the adoption of the so-called " Istanbul Convention, reported BGNES.
The Istanbul Convention has become one of the main topics of Bulgarian society since the beginning of the new 2018. The opinion of society, experts and political parties is different.
Critics believe that its ratification will introduce the so-called Third sex. The supporters of the Convention deny this and argue that the convention aims to protect women from violence.
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church is one of the most furious critics of the adoption of this document, precisely because of the introduction of the Third sex.
In addition to the adoption of the Convention, the petition supports the introduction of religion in Bulgarian schools.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend