Higher Levels of Particulate Matter are Expected in Sofia
An increase in the levels of fine particulate matter in air is expected. Given the norm of 50 mg per cu m, the expected increase will be in the range from 51 to 100 mg per cu m, the municipality of Sofia said.
It invited people to use public transport instead of their cars in order to limit air pollution. By walking, people are advised to choose a route off the major boulevards. Households with wood and coal heating are invited to use, if possible, electrical appliances or other cleaner heating.
Due to appropriate weather conditions, the municipality has ordered additional machine sweep and cleaning on the streets.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1