A Russian Fighter Flew 3 Meters from a US Military Plane over the Black Sea
Russian Su 27 fighter flew about three meters from the US Navy's P-3 Orion reconnaissance aircraft while it was flying over international air space in the Black Sea area on Monday, Washington's Examiner writes, quoted by Focus.
The US edition referred to information from the US Department of Defense. The US airplane was forced to stop its mission prematurely because of the incident, CNN reported. This is yet another case of this kind of near-flight that has been deliberately undertaken by Russia in recent years. Russia has substantially increased its military presence in the region after taking over the Crimea in 2014.
Last month, two US F-22s detected Russian bombers shortly after they were flying behind the Syrian peace zone, according to the US edition. Later, the Russian Ministry of Defense denied that there had been dangerous maneuvers by their plane. Moscow has announced that a US intelligence aircraft has flown near the border and was only escorted by a Russian fighter.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Defense Ministers of Bulgaria and North Macedonia: We are Ready to Strengthen Cooperation
- » Macron approves of France giving Bulgaria Temporary Fighter Jets until the New F-16s Arrive
- » Ukrainian Cargo Plane has Flown 9 times from Varna and Burgas with "Defense-Related Products"
- » Bulgarian MiG-29s again Escorted a Passenger Plane after a Bomb Signal on board
- » American Planes will be Involved in the Protection of the Bulgarian Sky
- » A Bulgarian MiG-29 assisted a Passenger Plane after a Bomb Signal