French Prison Guards End Nationwide Strike
The largest of three French prison guard unions spearheading a nationwide strike said on Friday it would accept a government proposal on better pay and staff safety, Reuters.
The UFAP-Unsa union said its acceptance would end picketing and work stoppages by its members. Two other labor unions have rejected the government offer of more hires, pay bonuses and measures to better contain inmate violence.
President Emmanuel Macron is under pressure to bring an end to industrial action, sparked by inmate attacks on guards, as tension among prisoners rises in France’s crowded jails.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Boris Johnson with a Secret Plan for a New Alliance as a Balance Against the EU
- » The EC is Proposing to Confiscate the Assets of Violators of EU Sanctions
- » Will Bulgaria’s Prime Minister join the EU Liberals
- » Orban will be able to Rule with Decrees due to the War in Ukraine
- » Borrell: The EU needs to Strengthen its Military Security
- » Germany’s Chancellor Rejects Ukraine's Swift Entry into the EU - Deems it Unfair to the Balkans