Grigor Dimitrov Eliminated at 1/4-final from the Australian Open
The player in the tournament under №3 Grigor Diimtrov lost to Kyle Edmund (GBR) 4:6, 6:3, 3:6, 4:6 and was eliminated in quarter-finals of the Australian Open - the first tournament of Grand Slam tennis for the season. The Bulgarian had two wins from two games against his opponent from the United Kingdom, but in today's match Englishman showed new confidence and for the first time in his career reached the penultimate stage of the race of the most prestigious circuit.
So Dimitrov could not defend his points from last year reaching 1/2-finals in Melbourne, but has a chance to retain his third place in the world rankings. This will happen if Marin Cilic does not reach the Australian Open final. Later on, Croatian is coming out in a 1/4-final against Rafael Nadal (ESP), that will determine Edmund's next rival.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Nadal in Monte Karlo
- » Buglarian Tennis Star Grigor Dimitrov Continues His Winning Streak in Monte Carlo
- » North Korea Will Skip Tokyo Olympics over Covid-19 Concerns
- » North Macedonia Scores Stunning Win over Germany in World Cup Qualifying
- » Three Gold Medals for Boryana Kalein at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Lost 0:2 to Italy in Second Consecutive WC Qualification in Sofia