Syrian Opposition Launches Operation Against Regime
Syria's armed opposition launched an operation Monday against Assad regime controlled regions around Turkmen Mountain in Latakia governorate, said its commander, Anadolu Agency reports.
Speaking to Anadolu Agency, Jabal al-Islam Commander Zahir Abu Usama said Russia is “intensely attacking Idlib”.
“In order to alleviate these attacks, we have launched an operation around Turkmen Mountain in regime controlled Sarraf town and around the region," he said.
Usama said they had seized the villages of Villa and Kapikaya in Sarraf which where under the regime’s control.
It was also reported that a large number of regime soldiers were killed during the sudden attacks by the armed opposition.
According to information gathered from local sources, Russian and regime warplanes attacked Turkmen Mountain after the opposition’s operation.
Syria has been locked in a devastating civil war since March 2011, when the Bashar al-Assad regime cracked down on pro-democracy protests with unexpected ferocity.
While UN officials say hundreds of thousands of people have been killed in the conflict, Syrian regime officials say the death toll is closer to 10,000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Exports to Romania Increase by over 40%
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: The Business Climate in Industry and Commerce is Improving
- » Bulgaria: Over 31% Jump in Electricity Production in November 2022
- » According to Deputy PM, it is Still Realistic for Bulgaria to Adopt the Euro in 2024
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price