False Alarm About a Ballistic Missile Scared Hawaii
False alarm for a ballistic missile launch frightened the Hawaiians, the World Agencies have reported. Shortly after 8pm Bulgarian time last night a Hawaiian emergency response officer triggered the alert system. On their mobile phones, islanders received a message saying: "A ballistic missile threat coming to Hawaii. Seek immediate cover. This is not a doctrine. " 38 minutes later, a message was sent explaining that the scare was fake.
Hague's Governor David Ige apologized for the mistake. "What happened is totally unacceptable. Much of our community here was affected by it. I'm sorry for the pain and confusion anyone can have experienced. I am very angry and disappointed because of what happened, "he said, the BNR said.
" I take responsibility for what has happened. My team made a mistake. We are studying the issue to make sure it does not happen again, "said Verne Miyagi of the Hawaiian Emergency Response Agency.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby
- » Bulgaria: Serious Crash involving Public Transport Bus in Sofia – A Child is Injured
- » Bulgaria: Authorities found 250 Barrels of Chemicals scattered around Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Nearly 100 Houses in the Flooded Villages of Karlovo Region may be Demolished
- » The Hurricane in Burgas: Hundreds of Uprooted Trees, Flipped Cars, Collapsed Buildings
- » Bulgaria’s Pomorie declared a State of Emergency after Powerful Storms