A Sharp Decline of the Dollar After News that China Could Stop Purchasing US Government Bonds
The US dollar is under strong sales pressure after the Bloomberg agency said the Chinese authorities would reduce or even stop buying US Treasuries, said the BNR.
Bloomberg quoted unnamed sources close to the topic that official Chinese authorities overseeing the country's foreign exchange reserves have recommended a delay or even a suspension of US Treasury purchases. In their view, US government bonds have become less attractive than other financial assets. China's existing trade strain with the US may also be a reason for slowing or stopping US debt purchases, they say.
Though unsubstantiated, the news provokes aggressive dollar sales on foreign exchange markets, although at the same time yields of 10-year US bonds jumped to a ten-month high of 2.588 percent, the National Radio adds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's External Debt Jumped to 45.1 Billion Euros
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Bulgarian National Bank: Incompetent and Irresponsible Statements! Changing the BGN-EUR Exchange Rate is Impossible
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: There is No Risk of Bankruptcy