Overeating and Cigarettes are not the Most Harmful Habits
Considering that overeating, lack of physical activity and cigarettes are the most unhealthy habits, most people associate their new-year resolutions with them. However, the authors of a new US study found that the use of smartphones before falling asleep is one of the most unfavorable health hazards, writes Daily Express, quoted by BTA.
Telephone conversations in the bed adversely affect sleep, and lack of sleep adversely affects a number of unhealthy practices. For example, because of fatigue after a sleepless night, people reach out more often to the coffee cup, usually adding more sugar in the hope of a quick charge. However, this approach, according to experts, is not the most reasonable way to tackle the lack of energy. Their suggestion in this case is for people to seek healthier energizing alternatives and avoid added sugar. In this regard, specialists recommend not focusing on weight loss, training and smoking cessation, but focusing on early bedtime, limiting screen time and not having late evening snacks.
According to the authors of this study, the top 20 most unhealthy habits include:
1. Using the phone at bedtime
2. Spending a long time in front of the screen, including the phone
3. Late evening meal
4. Finding excuses not to exercise
5. Excluding fruits and vegetables from the daily menu
6. Ordering food during the weekends
7. Adding sugar to the coffee and tea
8. Having snacks from the fridge after dinner
9. Excessive coffee consumption
10. Using lifts and escalators instead of climbing stairs.
11. Excessive use of carbonated beverages
12. Use of finished and semi-prepared foods
13. Excessive use of salt
14. Driving by car instead of walking
15. Secret extra meals
16. Drinking alcohol over the recommended weekly limit
17. Skipping off the morning brushing of teeth
18. Possible closest parking to shops
19. Going to bed with makeup
20. Taking food from children's dishes.
- » New Outbreak of Bird Flu in Dobrich
- » Protest in Sofia Against the Euthanasia of Healthy Animals in Strandzha
- » Plovdiv Hospital is Threatened to remain without Electricity
- » 40% of the Deaths in Bulgaria could have been Prevented
- » The Food Agency has Banned Imports of Pork in Bulgaria
- » Over 1 Million Eggs will be Withdrawn from the Bulgarian Market