Erdogan Closed a University and Arrested 54 Teachers
54 teachers from the Fatih University in Istanbul are arrested on suspicion of adherence to Gulen, the Anatolian agency said on Friday, cited News.bg. The school is closed by state decree.
According to the agency, the police had orders to arrest a total of 171 academic staff. They are said to have used a coded messaging application that the government believes are used by Gullen's supporters.
After the so-called coup in the summer of last year, Erdogan's regime arrested thousands of critics on the pretext that they sympathized with Gülen's preoccupation with terrorism.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria urged North Macedonia to include Bulgarians in its Constitution
- » The EU has decided that from 2035 only New Cars with Zero Carbon Dioxide Emissions will be Sold
- » Day 399 of the Invasion of Ukraine: VSU hit Russian Occupied Melitopol multiple times
- » The Pentagon is preparing the US Space Force for a possible Conflict with Russia and China in Space
- » Biden urged Netanyahu to abandon the Judicial Reform
- » Another Night of Clashes in France - Over 740,000 Protested against the Pension Reform