A Polish Sailor Discovered after Seven Months in the Indian Ocean
A 54-year-old Polish sailor was found in the Indian Ocean near the French island of Reunion (east of Madagascar) after he took a lifeboat trip seven months ago and lost his orientation and management, France press reported.
The shipwrecker, called by the media only with the name Zbigniew, survived by eating half a pack of Chinese soup a day and a little fish that he could catch.
The sailor was spotted by a sailboat crew who alerted rescuers on the northern coast of Reunion. The gendarmerie understood from the adventurer that in May he was leaving the Comoros (in the Mozambican promenade between East Africa and Madagascar) and intended to go to South Africa to look for a job. But soon his boat broke down, his naval tools stopped, his mast crashed, the steering gear - too. So he stayed at the will of the currents, the wind and the waves, hoping someone would notice it. They dragged him between the Maldives, Indonesia and Mauritius in the Indian Ocean. During the long journey, his cat survived.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 131 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky promised to take back Lysychansk
- » Insults in Skopje against Bulgaria and the French Proposal
- » Day 130 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Last Bastion in the East may Fall
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US