Trump has Demanded Immigration Reform after the NY Terrorist Attempt
An urgent reform of the immigration system in the United States has demanded President Donald Trump after yesterday's attempted terrorist act in New York, reports mediapool.
Trump called the attack "attempted mass murder" and explained that the detainee had entered the United States thanks to the visa-collection system for some immigrants, known as "chain migration". According to the president, this system is incompatible with national security because it "gives access to the country to too many dangerous and unchecked people."
A 27-year-old man of Bangladesh origin exploded an idle bomb at the busiest bus station in Manhattan. There were no victims, but five people suffered. Perpetrator Akayed Ullah was detained. He told the authorities he acted under the influence of "Islamic state." In his testimony, Ullah said the attack was a vengeance to Israeli actions in the Gaza Strip, the CNN reported.
The man arrived in the US under the immigration program based on family relationships with other residents in the country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US Warned of the Danger of "Imminent" Terror Attacks in Istanbul
- » The Embassy of Azerbaijan in Iran Suspends its Work
- » Dozens Killed and Injured after an Explosion in a Pakistani Mosque
- » A Greek Fighter Jet has Crashed in the Ionian Sea, the Two Pilots are Missing
- » European Commission: EU Member States can Finance the Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border Themselves
- » Day 341 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Threatened Boris Johnson with a Missile (UPDATED)