Flu Epidemic in Bulgaria is Expected in late January and early February
A flu epidemic is expected in late January or early February, reports mediapool.
There is already a first case of influenza in the country, announced the chief state health inspector Angel Kunchev in Rousse. The virus is group B, analogous to the Yamagata vaccine strain. Dr. Angel Kunchev noted that it is now too late for immunization, but recommends balanced nutrition and intake of vitamins as a prophylactic.
- » Dr. Ivayla Davidova, BFSA: The most Likely Cause of Rinderpest in Bulgaria is illegal Transportation of an Infected Animal from Turkey
- » New Outbreak of Bird Flu in Dobrich
- » Protest in Sofia Against the Euthanasia of Healthy Animals in Strandzha
- » Plovdiv Hospital is Threatened to remain without Electricity
- » 40% of the Deaths in Bulgaria could have been Prevented
- » The Food Agency has Banned Imports of Pork in Bulgaria