Turkey's Erdogan Says U.S. Decision on Jerusalem Disregards United Nations
Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday the United States’ decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital completely disregarded a 1980 United Nations resolution regarding the status of the city, according to Reuters.
Erdogan also said the decision would throw the region into a “ring of fire”. He was speaking to supporters at the airport in Ankara before departing to Greece for an official visit.
- » Athens-Skopje Deal Still Elusive
- » Athens Asks EU Official to Stop ‘Undermining’ FYROM Talks
- » Serbia Threatens Serbs with Prison if They Decide to Join Kosovo Army
- » Erdoğan's Call For Peace a Positive Step, Greece Says
- » Kosovo Ready for Council of Europe Membership Bid
- » Syrians in Turkey Continue to Return Home