Schulz Agreed to Negotiations on a New Merkel Government
Martin Schultz, the leader of the German Social Democrats, is willing to participate in the negotiations for a broad coalition government of Angela Merkel. The consultations are resumed on Thursday, bTV announced.
Before the election, and after the victory of the Christian Democrats, the German Social Democratic Party was firmly convinced that it would not co-exist with the current Chancellor of the Federal Republic.
Following the failure of the Jamaica Coalition, and after the Social Democrat's call for reason and responsibility, Schulz was willing to sit down at the negotiating table.
"The next days and weeks will require more effort from all of us who are involved in this process - the party, the media and society. We are in the process of debating with a very vague outcome. There will be no options that we could skip, "Schulz assured.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Trend" Survey: What are the Attitudes of Bulgarians Days before the Elections
- » Ukraine asked Bulgaria for Heavy Weapons - the Caretaker Government Refused
- » MFA Warned: Bulgarians with Dual Citizenship in Russia are Subject to Mobilization
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: Ballots and Voting Machines abroad have been Delivered
- » Kiril Petkov: We have a Great chance to be First in the Elections and have 121 Deputies
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bulgarian Citizens should Hastily Leave Russia