Spain Placed Migrants in Jail
Human rights organizations have warned that nearly 500 migrants, mostly from Algeria, were placed in a newly-formed prison in Spain, AFP reports.
According to data from the authorities in Madrid, since last Thursday, 1000 people have "attacked" the Spanish coast with boats across the Mediterranean Sea. Half of them were intercepted by the security guards near Murcia, and then taken to a new prison near Malaga, which has not yet been put into operation.
The Spanish government has reported that migrant centers are overcrowded. Interior Minister Juan Ignacio Zoydo said it was better to keep people in sanitary facilities, showers, hot water and beds than in tent camps.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sweden has Finally Approved the Application for NATO
- » Russian Oligarch Laughed at Putin for Cutting Off Gas to Bulgaria
- » The Defenders of Kharkiv region Reached the Border with Russia and Reported to Zelensky
- » Seven Countries are setting up a Data Exchange System closed to China and Russia
- » Day 82 of the Invasion of Ukraine: NATO declares Indefinite Military Support for Kyiv, Heavy Losses for Russia
- » NATO invites Georgia to its Summit in Madrid