Archaeologists Find Ancient Thracian Fortress near Bulgaria’s Burgas Bulldozed by Treasure Hunter
An Ancient Thracian fortress from the Late Hellenistic Period (2th-1st century BC) has been discovered by archaeologists near the town of Izvor, Burgas District, in Southeast Bulgaria, after the site had been damaged by a treasure hunter.
Learn more HERE!
*Content provided by ArchaeologyinBulgaria.com.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Unearth Another Medieval Settlement
- » Fossil Experts: Early People Hibernated to Survive Harsh Winters
- » Bulgaria: Remarkable Roman Villa Discovered Near Dolna Kremena Village
- » Roman Furnace Almost 1,500 Years Old Unearthed in Bulgaria
- » Turkey: Mosaic Mural Featuring Mysterious Lady Resembles Leonardo da Vinci’s Masterpiece
- » Turkey to Turn the Byzantine Monastery of Chora Into a Mosque, Greece Reacts