A Painting by Leonardo da Vinci with a New Record for the Most Expensive Artwork
Leonardo da Vinci's "Savior of the World" was sold for USD 450 million. This auction set a new record for the most expensive artwork in the world, BTV reports, referring to the world news agencies. So far, the first place was held by Pablo Picasso's "Le Femmes da Leger", which reached USD 179 million in 2015.
Da Vinci's painting has long been considered lost, its traces have been lost since 1763. On it is depicted Christ, clothed in a Renaissance garment, with his right hand he blesses and in the left holds a crystal sphere.
Before the auction, which lasted 19 minutes, the work was estimated at 100 million dollars.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Celebrate 174 years since the birth of Revolutionary Hristo Botev
- » Bulgarians Celebrate St. Basil's Day or ‘Survaki’
- » How Bulgaria Celebrates New Year’s Eve
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Ignazhden - the First Guest at your Home Determines the Year
- » Hours until the Final of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Paris
- » You can Now Vote for Bulgaria at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021, the Final is on Sunday