Enormous Scandal and Protests in Romania
Corruption scandal over public procurement for 21 million euros shook Romania's top levels of power, reports vesti.
He is also accused of ruling Social Democrat leader Liviu Dragnea. At the same time, thousands have once again stormed the streets of Bucharest and other big cities with demands for social justice and preservation of the anti-corruption model in the country.
Anticorruption Prosecutor's Office in our northern neighbor has launched an investigation against Dragnea on the alert of the European Anti-Fraud Office OLAF.
The accusation is that the Dragnea-controlled company Tel Drum has illegally won road construction contracts in 2001-2012 period. The state-owned company was first privatized by the 55-year-old politician and his associates through their intermediaries.
- » You Will Live Longer If You Sleep More on Saturdays and Sundays
- » People are More Productive When Weather Is Bad
- » Every Fourth Bulgarian Reads a Book every day. Every third - never
- » Student Donated more than 3000 Books to Community Centers and Homes for Adults
- » Scientists have Revealed why Birds have no Teeth
- » Two People were Killed and 18 were Injured in a Crash between a Truck and a Train in Italy