Yemen Faces the Worst Famine in Decades, Warned the UN
Yemen, who has been subjected to a Saudi Arabian blockade since Monday, faces the worst famine in recent decades, which can take millions of victims, warned UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Mark Lukok, quoted by the France press.
Speaking after a closed session of the Security Council, Lukok told reporters he had requested immediate resumption of humanitarian aid for the Yemeni population, which was interrupted from the beginning of the week.
The UN Security Council has asked Saudi Arabia-led Arab coalition in Yemen to leave open ports and airports in Yemen to be able to deliver humanitarian aid.
- » Italy Accepted a Ship with Hundreds of Immigrants
- » French Police Deploy Tear Gas & Water Cannons to Contain Fan Frenzy after World Cup Win
- » Milky Way Still Bears the 10-billion-year-old Scars of a Galactic Collision
- » Scalped Dog Gets Second Chance in Volgograd (Video)
- » EU's Jean-Claude Juncker Filmed Stumbling at Nato Event (Video)
- » EU Steps up Humanitarian Aid in Somalia with €89.5 Million