Barack Obama Appeared in Court after being Summoned for Jury Duty
Former US President Barack Obama was summoned by a court in Chicago after receiving a letter obliging him to become a jury in court for a case.
Obama, however, quickly left the courtroom after he was dismissed at random, as is the American practice, like many other potential jurors.
The former president arrived with a motorcade, accompanied by bodyguards, and was expected by some of his fellow citizens who carried books asking for autographs.
Obama thanked the people in the room for being jury and being ready to stand up to the task.
His White House predecessor, George W. Bush, was also called to court two years ago, BTV reminds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Philippines to Impose Travel Ban on Malaysia, Thailand to Prevent Delta Variant
- » France Introduces New Measures: Covid Passport to enter Cinemas, Museums, Matches
- » EC Annual Report on Bulgaria: Unlimited Powers of Prosecutor General Is still Issue
- » Russia Tests Hypersonic Missile
- » England to Abandon Almost all Coronavirus Restrictions
- » Europe Remains Suspicious about Electronic Cigarettes