Dozens of victims of typhoon Damrey in Vietnam
At least 27 are the victims of the typhoon "Damrey", which has hit the central and southern coastal areas of Vietnam, Reuters reported.
Another 22 people are missing. Among them are 17 crew members on small merchant ships that sunk off the coast of Bin Din province. 74 other crew members were rescued earlier. Material damage is also great. More than 600 houses were completely destroyed, and nearly 40,000 were partly destroyed. Torrential rains over the whole of Vietnam have been reported.
The Vietnamese Emergency Situation Service has warned of expected floods in low coastal areas as well as sudden sudden rises in rivers and landslides in mountainous areas of the country. About 30,000 people have been evacuated by local authorities. Military equipment is involved in the liquidation of the consequences. Damrey reached the Vietnamese shores yesterday with gusts of wind up to 25 meters per second.
This is the 12th powerful hurricane that hit the country this year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain will Continue in some areas of the Country, Snow in the Mountains
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Increase in Clouds and Rain in the Afternoon. Temperatures: 10°C and 15°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temperatures Between 9°C and 14°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and Cloudy with Max Temp Between 7°C and 12°C
- » Due to the Snow: Complicated Traffic Situation in Sofia
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snowfall will Gradually Decrease in Western Bulgaria, Max Temp 3°-8°C