Brussels is Preparing Cuts of Euro Funding for Countries with High Level of Corruption
Justice Commissioner Vera Jourova said after a visit to Bulgaria late last week that the EU should strongly bind the rule of law with the cohesion funds that the poorest countries in the Union are counting on, reports frognews.
"We need to make better use of EU funds to support the rule of law. In my opinion, we need to think about how to create a strong link between the rule of law and the cohesion funds, "she said in Helsinki, Finland.
The website, which quotes her, suggests that her words are addressed to Poland and Hungary for their refusal to accept migrants assigned to relocation. But she also expressed disappointment with the rule of law in Bulgaria.
"Every time I meet Mr. Tsatsarov, and when I have the opportunity to discuss with him the reform and the work of the prosecutor's office and its structures, I think he gives convincing signs of progress, always when I meet him, I have the impression that everything in Bulgaria is fine, then I see facts, figures and results, and I have doubts about whether everything is really wonderful."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC: Bulgaria is the Only Country that Meets the Criterion for the EU Budget Deficit
- » Bulgaria Marks Europe Day
- » The Juncker Plan Will Provide Financial Assistance of BGN 10 million For 320 Micro-Enterprises in Bulgaria
- » EP Supports Accession Talks with Albania and Northern Macedonia
- » New Report: EC Reports on Bulgaria's Progress, Considers Dropping Monitoring (REVIEW)
- » Today's EC Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Likely to be the Latest