Man with Explosives was Captured at an Airport in Sweden
A man, around 20 years old, was arrested in an attempt to launch explosives on an airplane in Western Sweden, the police said, world news agencies reported.
The detainee was suspended while trying to board a plane to another EU country at the Landvetter Airport in Goteborg on Thursday morning, police spokesman Peter Andlersson said.
A regular check has found that there is explosive material in the luggage of the man, the spokesman explained.
The local newspaper Goteborgs-Posten wrote that the man was a German citizen and that luggage had acetone peroxide.
Such material was used in the murder of 22 people in the English city of Manchester in May.
- » Cyberattack on Singapore Health Database Steals Details of 1.5 Million, Including PM
- » EUR 17,000 were Stolen from a Man in a Train Traveling from Sofia
- » Record for Bulgaria: Family Gave EUR 40,000 to Phone Scammers
- » Vandals Cut 29 Newly Planted Trees on Sofia's Ring Road
- » Bulgaria Uncovers Skimming Equipment, Fake Documents Workshop
- » Ministry of Interior Busted a Drug Lab near Varna